Eleven Big Rapids Athletes to Continue Athletic Careers at Collegiate Level
BIG RAPIDS – Ten Big Rapids student-athletes announced Wednesday where they will continue their athletic careers at the collegiate level.
With Pierce Morrissey signing to play Division I golf at Michigan State, that means 11 total athletes are pursuing college athletic careers.
Here is who signed Wednesday:
- Aaron Blackwell, Muskegon Community College, wrestling
- Elliott Blair, Glen Oaks Community College, baseball
- Reece Guitierrez, Olivet College, football
- Daniel Hardesty, Ferris State University, cross country/track and field
- Chase Kinnally, Lawrence Technological University, baseball
- Mackaela Klever, Albion College, volleyball
- Meghan Langworthy, Northern Michigan University, cross country/track and field
- Jackob Martinson, Muskegon Community College, basketball
- Jayden Mason, Olivet College, football
- Matt Zeilinger, St. Norbert College, football
“It is going to be kind of cool because I can go see a lot of the other guys run even after I am out of high school. It will be different because I will be with Ferris, but I will still be around,” said Dan Hardesty.
“I went on my visit and I was sold. I loved it. It was a good atmosphere and the coaches were great. I just loved it,” added Jayden Mason.