Stein to Represent Ferris State at IIHF World Junior Championships
BIG RAPIDS — Ferris State goaltender Logan Stein became the first player in program history to be selected to play in the International Ice Hockey Federation’s World Junior Championships. The freshman will play in the tournament from Dec. 25 to Jan. 6.
“That’s always a great honor to represent your country. I had one time previously represented my country. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you can’t turn down,” Stein said. It’s a dream to play in this tournament. You watch it growing up since you first start playing hockey. A lot of great players have come through this tournament, especially American players. I’m just happy to be a part of it.”
He is on a roster of 29 players, including 26 players who were selected in the NHL Draft.
Stein has not played in a game for the Bulldogs this season while he participates in the IIHF, but the freshman is expected to have a big impact for the team when he returns.
The group play schedule for Team USA is listed below.
- Sunday, Dec. 20, vs. Switzerland – 6:00 PM ET – NHL Network (Exhibition)
- Tuesday, Dec. 22, vs. Finland – 6:00 PM ET – NHL Network (Exhibition)
- Friday, Dec. 25, vs. Russia – 9:30 PM ET – NHL Network
- Saturday, Dec. 26, vs. Austria – 9:30 PM ET – NHL Network
- Tuesday, Dec. 29, vs. Czech Republic – 2:00 PM ET – NHL Network
- Thursday, Dec. 31, vs. Sweden – 9:30 PM ET – NHL Network
The quarterfinals will be on Jan. 2 and the semifinals will be on Jan. 4. The Bronze Medal and Gold Medal games will be on Jan. 5.