MISportsNow Top Plays – Week of 10/11 – 10/17
The district playoffs are underway in boys soccer and volleyball and football march ever closer to the end of the regular season.
It was an exciting week of high school action with the stakes getting higher as conference titles and playoff hopes were on the line.
Here’s a look at the MiSportsNow Plays of the Week.
5. It was a tough game for Fremont on Friday night, but running back Justin Dirheimer gave Packers fans something to cheer about when he broke a couple tackles in the backfield and scored a touchdown in the third quarter against Reed City.
4. Traverse City Central’s Carson Bourdo made a leaping interception right overtop of the wide receiver in the Trojans big win over Brother Rice.
3. Big Rapids quarterback Wil Strickler kept the ball on a read option and ran up the sideline for a long touchdown in the first half of our Game of the Week.
2. Traverse City West’s Josh Hirschenberger scored a beautiful goal in the second half of the Titans 2-0 district playoff win over Midland. The Titans will play Traverse City Central in the district semifinals on Tuesday.
1. On the last play of the game, Tri-County’s Tyler Tompkins punched it into the end zone to cap off Tri-County’s 30-28 comeback win over Big Rapids in our Game of the Week.