MISportsNow Top Plays: 9/12-9/18
Check out the MISportsNow Top 5 Plays of the Week:
5. Farwell football’s Michael Nunn rushes 6-yards for his seventh straight carry of the game. His contributions brought a win over Manistee Catholic Central and extends the Eagles’ winning streak to four games.
4. McBain and Cadillac volleyball are tied at two sets, but it’s the Ramblers’ single-handed set that does the trick at match point. Analiese Fredin set to Gabrielle VerBerkmoes, who sends the volleyball to the other side and brings McBain to a 2-1 win over Cadillac.
3. Traverse City Central and Gaylord soccer went wild on Tuesday night scoring left and right. Gaylord’s goalkeeper Noah Fitzgerald comes out of nowhere to swat away the ball that is just inches from reaching the net. He gets caught up in the net in the process.
2. Gladwin football’s Earl Esiline rushed 76 yards at an insane speed to extend the Flying G’s lead. That was his second time rushing over 60 yards for the touchdown prior to halftime.
1. Traverse City West soccer’s Dougie Rice with the free kick from midfield makes a perfect landing just past the goalkeeper’s head and into the net for the goal.